Humour Archive

Scraps of humour research presented here for your consumption. Comments welcome.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Kibology

Thanks to Russ for his comment on the previous post, I have added this new parody religion to the 'Links' section. It contains some quite bizzar humour.

Particularly interesting, I find, is that '[t]he faux religion aspect faded ... and the newsgroup became oriented to the sense of humor of Kibo and his followers' (thanks Wiki). I find it interesting that sense of humour is the defining element here.

I wonder if this is because all 'faux religions' are based on humour, or is this saying something more about charismatic people and their followers? Perhaps even Jesus' sense of humour is what kept him on the radar back in the day?

On second thought, other religious figure heads such as the Pope and Osama Bin Laden aren't exactly a laugh a minute. But then there's Father Bob, so I guess it all evens out....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Russ, you sound like a true kibologist. That meme link was pretty interesting. Sorry I can't comment more at this time, but am studying...

2:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it does actuall work.

And now for some actual humour in the 'humour archive'..

are you implying that this archive aint humorous enough for you?

11:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*y

11:34 pm  
Blogger TimT said...

*y?

As Douglas Adams says, "Why can't the alphabet end X Y Not?"

I think for no reason at all the Archive should link my blog - this post in particular. Thought about this ol' blog just after I wrote it, just because, you know?

Oh, also interested to find out if anyone liked my Imitation of S J Perelman Post.

Reduced to whoring my blog! What has happened to me?? (Oh, right - I was always that way ...)

8:50 am  
Blogger Hooch said...

re unfunniness: I thought the links to Osama's homepage and the Pope's bumper sticker were at least mildly entertaining, but perhaps they were taken as serious links and not clicked upon. oh well.

re cold responses: no.

I will endeavour to inject more hilarity when I have time. but for now you'll just have to put up with research-based musings as I sift my way through mounds of reading and head towards my thesis due-by date.

11:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home